Welcome to Bean Blooms!



A year ago, my sister and I had an idea of creating a blog where we can talk about our love for gardening. We were so excited to do it that we immediately bought this domain right there and then. Unfortunately, so many things happened that we eventually forgot about this blog. In fact, we didn't even realize that the domain already expired. Thankfully, I got hold of a customer service representative who took care of renewing my domain. Because of the pandemic, they decided to waive the fees which almost totaled to $100, by the way. So I guess, thank you, COVID-19? 😅

Anyway, the plan was to write various topics considering that my sister and I were both interested in different things. She is mostly interested in growing ornamental plants. In fact, I would always see her tending to her cactus and sunflower every day. I, on the other hand, always wanted to build my own vegetable garden. But at that time, I was living in an apartment in the city that doesn't get enough sunlight. Worse, there was always a problem with the water supply. I knew I couldn't make my plans happen if I stay there.

As soon as I moved here in Santander, I started planting a few plants here and there, but it wasn't only recently that I finally created my own vegetable garden. Since I finally did it, I decided to document my journey and share with you some of the lessons I've learned along the way.

Occasionally, my sister, Judi, will also be sharing her plant journey in this blog.

I am in no way an expert on gardening or anything about growing food, but I have always been fascinated by it for as long as I can remember. So I hope you stick around and join us here at Bean Blooms as we learn something about the world of planting, one day at a time.

Post a Comment

0 Comments